Main Forum
Page
of 5

Bc Server Reset

40 replies
Bronze
When we were told about the server reset some of ya were quite upset, and ya, we have a right to be.

What do you think about the reset?
I like the idea of this reset.
6 votes
31.6%
I absolutely hate the fact that we are having a reset.
2 votes
10.5%
I’m like in the middle, I’m looking forward to some parts, but not others.
3 votes
15.8%
I do hate this reset idea but there are a few upsides to look forward too.
6 votes
31.6%
Idk how I feel about the reset.
2 votes
10.5%
Number of voters: 11
- Amyv1
Posted Jul 15, 18 · OP · Last edited Jul 20, 18
Dislike
List
Undo
[Member] AmyDaMysticWitch
AmyDaMysticWitch @ Play.mc-barberc...
dosnt bother me 1.13 looks good
Posted Jul 15, 18
Premium
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Online on Site
This is the worst thing I have seen in a while. One, you can't even grammatically form a thread title let alone actual sentences. Two, you are ASSUMING that everyone is pissed and as I see it right now 40% disagree with you. This actually makes you look extremely childish.
PGMC Member since August 16, 2016.
PGMC Helper since August 9, 2018.
Obtained T3 Bow: July 23, 2018.
Posted Jul 15, 18
Dislike
List
Undo
Helper
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Helper
AmyDaMysticWitch I agree with you, we are going 1.13 and bungee, there really isn't much more you can do to make a reset more enjoyable and convenient then this. Total server remake, New minigames hub with improved games, 100x100 huge creative plots to expand your creativity even further, addition of 1.13 into survival and a total skyblock remake with the addition of slimefun
Discord: Ed#6003
Posted Jul 15, 18
List
Undo
Diamond
Online on Site
Listen, I totally get why you would be mad that we might be resetting, having to redo everything you've already done.

But look, moving to Bungee with significantly reduce the lag we currently have. You've probably complained about the lag before, doesn't that sound great? Starting new means you can try and be better than before, start different to how you did.

Moving to Bungee will also reduce the chance of us having another reset in the near future. At least not until the next major Minecraft update, which could be 1 year+.

PLUS, if lag does occur on one of the servers, for example the towny world, it won't affect the other servers, so you can still play on the creative or games world.

Amy, I totally understand that you're mad, but complaining about it, even going as far as saying you'll find another server because 'this one resets too much' then I suggest just finding another server anyways. Besides, there are multiple servers out there that reset way much more than this server does.

Don't be so grumpy, its a game! x
∞The Cutest, and the Most Annoying∞
Posted Jul 15, 18
List
Undo
Bronze
Listen, I totally get why you would be mad that we might be resetting, having to redo everything you've already done.

But look, moving to Bungee with significantly reduce the lag we currently have. You've probably complained about the lag before, doesn't that sound great? Starting new means you can try and be better than before, start different to how you did.

Moving to Bungee will also reduce the chance of us having another reset in the near future. At least not until the next major Minecraft update, which could be 1 year+.

PLUS, if lag does occur on one of the servers, for example the towny world, it won't affect the other servers, so you can still play on the creative or games world.

Amy, I totally understand that you're mad, but complaining about it, even going as far as saying you'll find another server because 'this one resets too much' then I suggest just finding another server anyways. Besides, there are multiple servers out there that reset way much more than this server does.

Don't be so grumpy, its a game! x

Lag sounds better.....
- Amyv1
Posted Jul 15, 18 · OP · Last edited Aug 3, 18
Dislike
List
Undo
Diamond
Online on Site
thats negative af
∞The Cutest, and the Most Annoying∞
Posted Jul 15, 18
Owner
Level 4
LEVEL 4
First of all, the creative reset is for sure, but it will not apply to the current donor world only the old donor world and the current plot world. As I mentioned in a thread if you have something of value in either world we will be able to move it over to either the new plot world or the current donor creative world.
I understand that you may be mad over a potential reset in the Survival world, and if that's the route we take then that will be what's ultimately best for the server.

The main reason for a world reset would be due to the 1.13 update being released shortly. When 1.13 comes out there will be new biomes, animals, etc. added. If we were to not update then we would be behind every other server that has the balls to reset their world. If we were to never reset our Survival world I guarantee that when YOU joined BC you would not have stayed because it was a mess.

There were a lot of issues with our Survival world that would benefit from a reset such as: several broken economy glitches, item duping, chunk generation failures, etc. If we left it in the state new players would join and feel like they would never be able to catch up because a lot of that stuff was gained illegitimately by today's standards.

When I met Mike (founder of The Pro Craft) he told me that his players actually always looked forward to a server reset because there was always a ton of shit that was just terribly broken, which I guess that shows myself and the staff team have done at least an alright job in maintaining the server since now apparently some players dread a world reset lol. Considering you have not complained about SkyBlock or Games Hub getting reset since both of those are literally garbage at the time of typing - I think you get the point lol.

A reset is also nice because it gives people a fresh start and something new to offer. We are adding in a brand new main survival world terrain, new space features, a new resource world, a new space world, several bug fixes do you think we are working this hard just to waste everyone else's times? I know you have worked hard on the server and I know what you did means a lot to you, but myself and several staff members have been putting in 1 or 2 AM nights to try and successfully prepare for the 1.13 update trying literally all at once fix every single criticism we've gotten. And now, you want to put a halt to that because your house would go away? Not to be rude, but that sounds a little bit selfish to me. There will always be room to grow bigger and grander on Barbercraft.

I think you're a nice person and whatever you decide to do with the server when we update is entirely your choice, and I'll respect whatever decision you make but don't think not even for a second that we aren't working this hard every single day to somehow worsen peoples experience on the server. As always, hope to see you continue enjoy BC as it grows bigger and gets better :)
Posted Jul 15, 18
List
Undo
Bronze
Pazely has made a suggestion that the Old Survival be moved to the new server for players who want to keep playing it. There will still be the new survival. Would this be an option?
- Amyv1
Posted Jul 15, 18 · OP · Last edited Aug 3, 18
Premium
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Online on Site
Pazely has made a suggestion that the Old Survival be moved to the new server for players who want to keep playing it. There will still be the new survival. Would this be an option?
I don't think it is technically possible to do so. I don't think the server could even handle that.
PGMC Member since August 16, 2016.
PGMC Helper since August 9, 2018.
Obtained T3 Bow: July 23, 2018.
Posted Jul 15, 18
Page
of 5
Top Posters
NoticeNotices