Main Forum

The Apparent Offense of My Nicknames uwu

8 replies
Silver
Hey, what's up?
Thanks for checkin' this out, appreciate that 100%
I just want to start this little topic by saying - I don't care.
I don't care that people in the server are offended by my nicknames, and I damn sure don't care about them possibly thinking I'm some sort of Nazi or something.
If anything, I'd say my nicknames would be the opposite.
I'm not in any way exercising Nazi ideas, it was just a nickname that was making FUN of Hitler, not idolizing him.

I believe people also had an issue with the "Putin" one because it was "political".
It's a name. I'm not trying to start a political argument with anyone, and I never have/will. Because it's Minecraft.
The people ranting and raving about my nicknames were stirring up more drama than I was.

(This applies to anyone that was offended about my nicks)
While, yeah obviously, it's a completely normal human response to take offense or even disgust to certain things, you being offended means absolutely nothing.
Cause, at the end of the day, nobody was harmed or killed by my actions, and it damn sure doesn't affect you, so why do you care?
Your personal offense to what I see as a harmless joke is your problem to deal with, why are you making it mine, the staff's and anyone else's?
If you genuinely were upset by what my M i n e c r a f t N i c k n a m e was, then tell me in private and I'll change it, I'm not some heartless bastard. I'm probably gonna ask why, but I'd more than likely understand.
The fact that you guys can't seriously confront someone about something so small, and you immediately take it to staff, is just sad.
You can't even speak for yourself?
--
If you made it through that, thanks for reading.
And if I said something that didn't make sense or anything, I'll try and fix/explain it if I need to.

I'd also like the /nick permissions that I PAID for back please! Thanks!
Posted Jun 7, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Helper
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Helper
Your perms for /nick were taken way because I asked you to change your nick that you were offending people so then you proceed to change your IGN to the samething with someone else's name so I brought it to the attention of the other staff members, there I was told to give you a nick which you kept taking off or changing to somthing worse therefore I was told to take the perms for one away. If you can behave without your perms and stop trying to offend others for a while I'll tell the other staff members that I believe you can handle the perm again and possibly give it back. But for the time you won't have your perm.
Posted Jun 8, 18
List
Undo
Silver
I was not told to change my name because of the "autistic" part, if that's what you're referring to.
I was told that it was because "Hitler" was "discriminatory" and "racist," and so I changed it to Putin, where I was then told that it was "political."
I caught no wind about the "Autistic" part of the name from any staff whatsoever.
Yeah, I kept taking off the nickname, because I wanted it to show my in-game name.
Clearly if "AutisticPutin" wasn't bad enough for Minecraft, the game for 12-year-olds, I think the mid-teenaged people can handle it.
Clearly not, I guess.
For the record, I'm not TRYING to offend anybody. I put those nicknames because I thought (and still think) they're kinda funny. My goal in life isn't so meaningless that it revolves around upsetting a bunch of teenagers.

Instead of ruling out immediate punishment, actually bring it seriously to my attention. (And anyone else that could get in my position)
Instead of telling me, "Change your nickname, it's seriously offending people" you give me warnings (several I believe), and change my username.

If the autistic part was too offensive, I wasn't told that whatsoever that part was bad.
I had "AnAutisticEmu" as my nickname for at least a few weeks I believe, and no one said anything to me.
But as soon as I change it to the name of a dead guy, or a Russian dictator, everyone loses there minds.

I'm still sure there's a rule you people are breaking by refusing me the permissions of something I paid money out of my pocket for. I bought that rank because I really liked playing this server, and I thought I'd enjoy playing it for a while.
Clearly. Fucking. Not.

Thanks for wasting my money, really appreciate that.
Posted Jun 8, 18 · OP
Diamond
Level 3
LEVEL 3
I know this is absolutely none of my business, and therefore I have no place to say this, but although I agree with the punishment the staff has given to the user in question, the user did pay good money for the /nick permission that they seem to have misused. Permanently taking it away seems, at least to me, like the wrong solution here.
(I am aware my personal opinion does not matter in this situation, and that the punishment that will come to the user in question is completely and absolutely none of my business. Just stating my thoughts.)

I don't know what I'm doing here.
Posted Jun 8, 18 · Last edited Jun 8, 18
Helper
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Helper
“Instead of ruling out immediate punishment, actually bring it seriously to my attention. (And anyone else that could get in my position)
Instead of telling me, "Change your nickname, it's seriously offending people" you give me warnings (several I believe), and change my username.”

That makes absolutely no sense ngl,
If they have warned you, you obviously didn’t take it seriously..
you also clearly stated that they have warned you.. and not only once but several times aswell.
A warning is a very similar way of telling you, so if you don’t get it that’s not their blame
that’s your fault you didn’t get the hint nor take it into consideration that maybe you should stop
Auto correct can go straight to he'll
Posted Jun 8, 18
Silver
By warnings I mean they only used command warning.
Not a chat warning.
I got a warning, my name was reset, so I created a different nick (not the same one).
And then they did the exact same thing.

What I mean is that they don't give me a chance to even correct myself of my apparent "mistake".
The staff don't even ask, and (though this may not be the case) I feel it's because they're just lazy, and can't face players that may disagree with them.
This isn't all of them, but I feel some are that way.
Posted Jun 8, 18 · OP
Helper
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Helper
By warnings I mean they only used command warning.
Not a chat warning.
I got a warning, my name was reset, so I created a different nick (not the same one).
And then they did the exact same thing.

What I mean is that they don't give me a chance to even correct myself of my apparent "mistake".
The staff don't even ask, and (though this may not be the case) I feel it's because they're just lazy, and can't face players that may disagree with them.
This isn't all of them, but I feel some are that way.

ye, I agree with you on some of the things but even so you've still done wrong, but yes I agree that sometimes (Not all the time) punishment is a little harsh due to how quickly the user has been warned
but only because I've witnessed some before,
anywho.. hope you've just learned your lesson and maybe (hopefully) get your nick perms back :^)
Auto correct can go straight to he'll
Posted Jun 8, 18
Owner
Level 4
LEVEL 4
Hey, what's up. Nice attempt to spin the narrative your way,
You really have no right to call the staff team lazy, considering I spent 15 minutes telling you why your nick was deemed inappropriate and why you should change it. In your thread you say you would understand if someone had a concern about your rank but clearly that is not the case. Every time I told you to change your nickname or something about your behavior you would just say over and over and over again, that it's their feelings and that you don't care about how they feel. After I made you change your nickname for the first time you change it to "CaptainAutismo" now why would you change it to that? Clearly that's something inflammatory to others but you say it's fine because it's not racist or political? You and I both know you know better than that. Afterwards, you then proceeded to spam AFK when I temporarily muted you for causing a server disturbance to many. I know this thread was made in an attempt for you to look more mature over the staff team - but lucky for me I had the hindsight to snap just a few screenshots that hopefully paint a more accurate telling of what happened. Also just cause you paid for something does not mean you can use it however you please and in violation of rules - for instance you can't buy a gym membership smash everything in the gym just because you paid for it. Not the greatest analogy but hope you understand.

Thanks for playing fam. Also GG, I know I interacted with you the most out of anyone when everything happened and for the record I have never once in the history of BC warned anyone via command always through the chat :) so any warning via command was just in addition to the warnings I have personally given you.
Attached Images
Posted Jun 8, 18 · Last edited Jun 8, 18
Silver
I know you're going to disagree, but I don't mean to "spin it my way". This is just how I'm recalling it.
I don't mean lazy as in they don't do their job, I mean it as in the others just immediately gave warnings.
What I meant by I would understand their feelings is that if they personally came to me and told me that (if it was really that offensive) they didn't like it. I would.
And like I was saying, I wanted to know why it personally offended them. If you're like me, if you're told/made to do something you don't wanna do, you're gonna at least wanna know why you've gotta do it.
I changed it to CaptainAutismo, because it's something me and my friends say that I think is really funny. And I don't think it's fine because it isn't either of those things, it's because I had a nickname before that that was "AnAutisticEmu" and no one said anything to me about it so I figured no one cared.
I'm only did afk twice, but it's whatever. I'm not denying it, cause it was not brought up.
I don't create the usernames/nicknames thinking "Ah yeah I'ma offend people on purposes," a thief doesn't steal something thinking "I'm doing this to disappoint my family"
The only instance where I did that was with changing my IGN to what it is now.
I know I'm at fault for some things, but not everything I did was with ill intent.
Posted Jun 8, 18 · OP
Top Posters
NoticeNotices