Space is a new and custom gamemode only implemented on BarberCraft with the help of a custom plugin made by me, with a small amount of help from creator3.
Okay? So what is it?
Space is similar to normal survival in some aspects, though completely different in some others. These are the following:
- Donators get no extra permissions here. It is completely a level playing field. This means that they can not use things such as /god. The only bonus they will receive applies to silver and above. This is /feed.
- Different gravity levels. The gravity is lower than on earth so you will fall slower
- Rockets to leave earth.
- A "Modular workbench" to upgrade your space suit
- Airlock structures
Video example of the default rocket
Video example of the reusable rocket
- Rockets also explode if a block is above them and you launch.
What happens without a space suit?
- If you make an enclosed area (Smaller than the dimensions 20x20x20) you will be able to breathe inside safely without a suit
- Space suits are chainmail armour, which can be obtained by Slimefun
- The modular workbench can be used for upgrading your space suit to unlock more abilities which benifit you (Such as infinite speed, Night vision, Jetpacks, etc)
- Airlocks work within the space and orbit world and the block it projects can be completely customised so that it matches the area in which you are in. The default block is glass.
(Video is also of the jetpack controller)
- /Space - Opens a GUI to view the recipes, help and list the players currently in space.
- /Astronauts - Lists the players in space.
(Video is also of /Space)
- The jetpack controller can be used to easily toggle your jetpack on and off (Left clicking) or change the thrust of your jetpack to navigate easier (Right click air)
The fuel cell can be used with the jetpack. Once you apply the jetpack module within the modular workbench, simply crouch with one of these in your inventory to gain a burst of acceleration.
Artificial Gravity Generator
The artificial generator allows for gravity to be induced normally 10 blocks above and below you in your chunk so that you could easily build or navigate around your base.
The photonic barrier quickly generates a barrier around you when placed. It is weak and easy to break but contains air. This could be useful if you lose your items in space of a quick way to extend to a space station.
The texture pack only edits a few things, such as adding the tick amount to redstone repeaters and making chainmail armour look like a space suit.
Images of the pack:
I have a suggestion!
If you have any suggestions, reply to this thread with them or for a faster route message me on discord. My username is OLLIEZ4#4125