Main Forum

SlimeFun Cargo System

3 replies
Silver
I was just informed today that the cargo system has been disabled on slimefun. I'm creating this post to ask a few questions everyone has been clamoring about.

For the mods -

1- Is it gone forever?
2- If not, when will it be back?
3- Why was it disabled?

For the players on the server -

1- Is slimefun still fun without it?
2- How do you feel about it getting disabled?
3- Do you want it back?

The point of this post is to foster a discussion, not to hate on staff or other players for the change. Please be respectful in the comment section. Please read the comments before answering the poll.
Cargo systems should come back as soon as possible.
2 votes
40%
Cargo systems should be permanently disabled.
0 votes
0%
Cargo systems should be enable when the problems with it have been fixed.
3 votes
60%
Number of voters: 5
Poll is closed
Posted Feb 19, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Manager
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Good questions. Here's some explanation:

1- Is it gone forever? - No, It isn't gone at all. We're just advising you make smaller ones so that the server runs smoother and lets everyone have a more enjoyable time. Due to some people making huge and unnecessary ones the server was suffering. This was resolved.
2- If not, when will it be back? See 1
3- Why was it disabled? Again, Some people made huge Cargo Networks which were too big for the server to reasonably handle, which was resulting in extreme lag spikes. It is now enabled though it would be greatly appreciated if you keep them small <3
Posted Feb 20, 18
List
Undo
Owner
Level 4
LEVEL 4
I understand that as a result of this change the delay for ALL SlimeFun machines have been increased drastically. Unfortunately, for now this is what's best for the server. We are working with developers of the SlimeFun plugin in order to limit this delay to only include the CargoNet system. As of right now, this is impossible.
Here's the issue reported on GitHub- check it out for more info: https://github.com/TheBusyBiscuit/Slimefun4/issues/609
Posted Feb 21, 18
Member+
Level 2
LEVEL 2
I've made a small optimization to SlimeFun that seems to be helping so far. We'll have to see how things go, but for now, machines are back at full speed. :)
Posted Feb 23, 18 · Last edited Feb 23, 18
List
Undo
Top Posters
NoticeNotices